Back by popular demand! The Society is delighted to be presenting a repeat performance of Handel’s Messiah with the participation of regional choirs and instrumentalists. Rehearsals will be held on Saturday 16 December and Sunday 17 December before the performance at 3pm on Sunday 17 December.
Register for the choir using the form below.
Here’s a list of pieces that we will cut from the People’s Messiah. Others may be cut later on, but these will certainly be out. References are to the Watkins Shaw edition:
- Nos. 34-36 inclusive
- Nos. 49, 50, 51 and 52
Of the arias for which there are alternative versions in Watkins Shaw, we shall allocate them as follows:
- No. 6: Alto
- No. 19: Soprano
- No. 40: Bass, (version 1)
- No. 52: Soprano
And we shall ignore the versions in the Appendix.
We recommend the midi file website Cyberbass to help you learn the choruses.
- Final rehearsals: Dec 16 at Lismore City Hall 10:00 – 5:00; Dec 7 10:00 – 1:00 at Lismore City Hall. (all with Nicholas Routley)
- Score Edition – Watkins Shaw
- Pitch – A = 440 (modern pitch)
- Soloists – Felicity Caterer, Soprano; Hartley Newnham, Alto; Geof Webb, Tenor; Sam Piper, Bass
- Conductor – Nicholas Routley
Note: Please select the number of registrations first; then the Register button & full details will appear.