Choir Registration for People’s Messiah 2017
Back by popular demand! The Society is delighted to be presenting a repeat performance of Handel’s Messiah with the participation of regional choirs and instrumentalists. Rehearsals will be held on Saturday 16 December and Sunday 17 December before the performance at 3pm on Sunday 17 December.
Register for the choir using the form below.
We will be using the Watkins Shaw edition of Messiah. If you bring your own score, it must be this edition. The orchestra will play from Handel’s own arrangement.
Here’s a list of pieces that we will cut from the People’s Messiah. Others may be cut later on, but these will certainly be out. References are to the Watkins Shaw edition:
- Nos. 34-36 inclusive
- Nos. 49, 50, 51 and 52
Of the arias for which there are alternative versions in Watkins Shaw, we shall allocate them as follows:
- No. 6: Alto
- No. 19: Soprano
- No. 40: Bass, (version 1)
- No. 52: Soprano
And we shall ignore the versions in the Appendix.
We recommend the midi file website Cyberbass to help you learn the choruses.
- Final rehearsals: Dec 16 at Lismore City Hall 10:00 – 5:00; Dec 7 10:00 – 1:00 at Lismore City Hall. (all with Nicholas Routley)
- Score Edition – Watkins Shaw
- Pitch – A = 440 (modern pitch)
- Soloists – Felicity Caterer, Soprano; Hartley Newnham, Alto; Geof Webb, Tenor; Oliver Boyd, Bass
- Conductor – Nicholas Routley
Registered choir participants are welcome to attend the following rehearsals with participating choirs:
- Monday 27 November 7:15 to 8:45 at Brunswick Heads School Hall
- Monday 4 December 7:15 to 8:45 at Brunswick Heads School Hall
- Monday 11 December 7:15 to 8:45 at Brunswick Heads School Hall
- Vox Calderae:
- Tuesday 5 December 6:50 to 9:15 at Concert Room, Northern Rivers Conservatorium cnr Keen and Magellan Streets Lismore (go to top floor)
- Tuesday 12 December 6:50 to 9:15 at Concert Room, Northern Rivers Conservatorium cnr Keen and Magellan Streets Lismore (go to top floor)
Note: Please select the number of registrations first; then the Register button & full details will appear.
Due to costs involved we are unable to refund registrations.