Byron Music Society is run by a group of eight committee members. The Committee works hard to present quality performances by musicians of an excellent standard.
There are many tasks involved in organising a concert. As well as choosing performers and negotiating times, venues and programs, there is also publicity and marketing of the performances to consider. This aspect is important as we aim for a full house for our concerts. A full house allows us to generate the best atmosphere as well as the funds to enable us to bring performers of the highest calibre to the Byron Shire.
To help us meet our objectives we need volunteers to share the workload.
The Society provides opportunities for volunteers with different skills and experiences to participate in whatever way suits their interests, abilities and the time available to them. Volunteers bring new insights and knowledge to the Committee, as well as learning new skills themselves.
If you can help us in any way, please consider:
- becoming a member (if you are not already)
- becoming a committee or sub-committee member
- offering your specific services
- promoting the Society’s concerts to your friends and family
- helping to deliver publicity material. We can provide you with posters and flyers to promote the concerts at events and establishments near your home. Perhaps you could hand out some flyers at the local Farmer’s Market or ask your local coffee shop to put a poster in their window.
- sponsoring a concert
Please contact us if you are able to assist. Every little bit helps.